By Karen E. Kim
Univ. of Chicago Hospitals, IL. deals a complete, updated review of acute gastrointestinal bleeding. contains a medical survey of acute GI bleeding, the radiologic method of administration, algorithms, and an emphasis on sufferer administration. Hardcover, publication now not but to be had. DNLM: Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage--diagnosis.
Read or Download Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment PDF
Similar digestive organs books
The Clinician’s advisor to Liver affliction is a straightforward speedy reference for the administration of acute and protracted liver illness for the gastroenterologist. Drs. ok. Rajender Reddy and Thomas Faust supply a extensive assessment of all clinically correct themes within the realm of liver sickness, starting from overview of the liver sufferer to liver transplantation.
College of Southern California, l. a.. For actual therapists and actual drugs or rehabilitation practitioners. prior variation 1988. DNLM: Low again ache.
Publication by means of Nagayo, Takeo
Esophageal melanoma and Barrett’s Esophagus, 3E, makes a speciality of those universal and key stipulations that impact the esophagus, offering professional information to their pathogenesis, reason, prevention, prognosis and medical administration. best overseas names within the box study all the many concerns concerned, utilizing the very newest evidence-based learn, and transparent, didactic advice allows the reader to appreciate the easiest equipment of prognosis and medical administration of every – even if early or past due level.
- Core Concepts in Colonoscopy
- Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease
- Portal Hypertension III
- Gastroenteritis Viruses
- Atlas of Liver Pathology
- Hepatology: principles and practice: history, morphology, biochemistry, diagnostics, clinic, therapy
Additional resources for Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment
5). Although cases are most often self-limited, complications that include hemorrhage, stricture, and perforation can occur (107). Care should be taken to evaluate for signs of perforation by monitoring vital signs, examination for crepitus in the chest and neck, and chest radiograph if doubt persists. Patients should be encouraged to sit upright and take an adequate amount of fluid with pills to minimize the risk of this condition. Topical agents such as sucralfate or lidocaine are sometimes used for symptomatic relief, although there are no data on their efficacy.
6. Sugawa C, Benishek D, Walt AJ. Mallory-Weiss syndrome. A study of 224 patients. Am J Surg 1983; 145: 30–33. Chapter 2 / Nonvariceal Bleeding 29 7. Hellers G, et al. The Mallory-Weiss syndrome. A review of 23 cases with special reference to coagulation defects. Acta Chir Scand Suppl 1978; 482: 9–11. 8. Clain JE, Novis BH, Barbezat GO, Bank S. The Mallory-Weiss syndrome. A prospective study in 130 patients. S Afr Med J 1978; 53: 596–597. 9. Hixson SD, Burns RP, Britt LG. Mallory-Weiss syndrome: retrospective review of eight years’ experience.
84. Nemoto, K, Takai Y, Ogawa Y, et al. Fatal hemorrhage in irradiated esophageal cancer patients. Acta Oncol 1998; 37: 259–262. 85. Alrenga DP. Fatal hemorrhage complicating carcinoma of the esophagus. Report of four cases. Am J Gastroenterol 1976; 65: 422–426. 86. Raijman I, Siddique I, Lynch P. Does chemoradiation therapy increase the incidence of complications with self-expanding coated stents in the management of malignant esophageal strictures? Am J Gastroenterol 1997; 92: 2192–2196. 87. Loscos JM, Calvo E, Alvarez-Sala JL, Espinos D.