By Robert Wilson
Contiuous casting of non-ferrous metals has been practiced for good over a hundred years. the method has many benefits over static ingot and e-book mildew casting, an important being stronger yield, decreased power intake and aid in manpower, with a consequent aid in rate. This publication offers an account of the way non-stop casting has constructed and the way the method can be utilized inside an engineering setting for casting quite a lot of copper-based alloys and important metals, together with gold and silver, and chosen nickel alloys.
Read or Download A practical approach to continuous casting of copper-based alloys and precious metals PDF
Similar materials & material science books
Mesoporous Crystals and similar Nano-Structures fabrics includes the invited lectures to be offered on the symposium on Mesoporous Crystals and comparable Nano-Structures fabrics, Stockholm, Sweden, June 1-2, 2004. This e-book highlights the center examine that has resulted in the sort of fruitful and intriguing box.
Graphene fabrics: basics and rising functions brings jointly cutting edge methodologies with study and improvement suggestions to supply an in depth cutting-edge evaluation of the processing, houses, and expertise advancements of graphene fabrics and their wide-ranging functions.
- Electrodeposition of Alloys. Principles and Practice
- Concrete in Highway Engineering
- Adhesives: Mechanical Properties, Technologies and Economic Importance
- Handbook of Engineering and Specialty Thermoplastics, Volume 4
Additional info for A practical approach to continuous casting of copper-based alloys and precious metals
1. The edge cooling 33 Continuous casting of Copper-Based Alloys and Precious Metals conditions can be altered by modification to the copper/grafoil/graphite contact area. On large strip edge cooling plates are also fitted. The use of probe-cooled dies makes it possible to adjust cooling to correct the condition of edge cracking; these dies however are only suitable for narrow strip. 9 HEAT BALANCE CHECKS It is recommended that heat balance checks be made to ensure consistent die cooling characteristics are maintained; the procedure is outlined in Chapter 2.
Corrective action can then be taken to diagnose the fault and re-start. When re-starting it is recommended that temperatures at Tl and T2 are sufficiently low to ensure 'freeze back' prior to removal of the broken section. It is necessary then to re-polish before re-inserting otherwise damage to the graphite cavity will occur. 2 Incorporating Safety Plunger at Die Exit A useful addition to 'rod break' safety is provided by incorporating a 'spring- or pressure-loaded plunger' at the die exit. This consists of a steel strip or metal section lightly loaded onto the edge of the cast strip or surface of the rod.
Backlash and system inertia can render the system inaccurate and in most proprietary equipment has been replaced. 1 AC SERVO DRIVE Using micro-process control with AC servo drive and backlash-free gearing between drive motor and rollers, a high degree of accuracy is obtained. Maintaining a tight grip on the strip, rod or section is achieved by hydraulic clamping. Proprietary withdrawal systems have modular pre-set controls on all parameters with correction feedback on items such as acceleration, pulse length setting and linear casting speed.